Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mediterranean Memories

It wasn't too long ago that I was last in Europe. It's starting to seem like an eternity ago, though! DH, so far, has never left the United States, and although his first trip outside the US will be to Iraq, we've already started semi-planning a 6 month Europe stint which in the near future I'll have to start budgeting for, for when he gets out of the Marine Corps in 2011. I know it sounds like forever away... but we're looking forward to it irregardless!

Anyhow, I was flipping through my lovely travel snaps of Europe and it's occured to me that I really need to start learning how to expand my European cooking skills! I'm a master at most Pan-Asian dishes, fabulous at the basic British/Australian fare, and getting better at good old American down-home cooking and baking as well. But aside from westernized Spaghetti and Pizza, European delicacies I admittedly haven't attempted. So, that in mind, I'm going to begin collecting recipes of wonderful dishes I remember tasting on my travels.

And first of all, I'm traveling (virtually!) to Spain for some Tapas!

-Ajillo Mushrooms
-Pinchitos Morunos
-Pa amb Oli
-Patatas Bravas
-Tocinillo de Cielo

Take a while to peruse the rest of the Spain Recipes website as well- it's got a lot of wonderful dishes! In all honesty I've never liked Paella, and even though I ate it in Spain (who could avoid it?) I haven't liked it otherwise. So, after DH & I get settled in to our new house, I'm going to have to have a Tapas Night I've decided.

Gosh, 05/10 needs to hurry up and get here already! I miss DH like crazy :(

xA

No comments: