Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shake, Rattle And Roll

So, that earthquake that hit the midwest yesterday... that was pretty interesting! It woke me up and I honestly thought I was having one of my nightmares when I heard all of the noise, so I put my pillow over my head willing it to go away. I didn't find out til I woke up for good Friday morning that it had been an earthquake.

Then at around 10am I was sitting here at my computer desk when the aftershock hit! I definitely felt that one! So, during my time in the midwest, I can say that I've survived flooding, a tornado (when I was down visiting in Tennessee earlier this year), and now an earthquake. I'm just thankful that there were no injuries or great losses in yesterday's tremor! Thank goodness!

In other news- I officially decided yesterday that it was time to do something about my weight (for the millionth time!). I know my husband says I'm pretty, and that I'm not fat, but I am pudgy/chubby- and he does want me to tone up. I want me to tone up. My husband doesn't know how much I weigh, most people are astonished when I tell them, but it's because I carry it well I guess.

I need to lean up for my health though, the extra pounds can't be good for me. I've struggled with my weight my entire life. Going everywhere from underweight to obese. I've officially messed up my metabolism, and it's something I need to rectify soon.

So yesterday I logged back in to weightwatchers.com and renewed my long-ignored membership. I got out my scales, and after a bit of frustration at the weight they read out (even I had underestimated what I now weigh!) decided today was the day for healthier eating.

With my husband back in North Carolina and me obviously back in St. Louis, it's a good opportunity for me to get a bit of a kick start. No matter what he eats, his weight remains in the same 10lb range. It's frustrating! But of course he does PT every morning which probably makes a huge difference.

Today I'm super proud of myself because I did the 15 minute work out in this month's Good Housekeeping magazine, then I did the 1 mile walk as suggested in Family Circle magazine (it took me 13 minutes which I think is pretty good!). So all up, almost 30 minutes of exercise today. Nothing extraordinary but it feels good all the same. I know if I start exercise regimes to the max (ie: attempting to do 1 hour of hard cardio or whatever) I soon tire of them then give up completely!

Anyhow, I need to go down to Walgreens and buy some bottles of water, and I've decided to treat myself to a Sandwich at St. Louis Bread Co (if I eat everything in moderation and stick to the WW points plan it's fine!).

Hope everyone is doing well!

God Bless!

xxxA

No comments: