Saturday, April 26, 2008

Did It Again

... DH has increased some of his payments on his credit cards/ car/ personal loan. Always the economicly-minded one in the relationship, I reminded him that his car insurance has gone up within the last couple of months because of some issues. He'd overlooked his insurance completely.

And of course I asked him to tell me what he'd increased everything to, factoring in things that he'd forgot to think about (ie: water, trash/sewer, electric) in the budget- and honestly, we're going to be either overdrawn at the end of the month providing we don't spend any money on entertainment, or alternatively cutting it very fine if I'm able to save considerable money in the grocery department and use a minimum of electricity.

*sigh*. He knows that me working at this stage is not an option. My US Visa was based on my employment. I resigned from my job so that Chris and I could get married and I could move to North Carolina to be with him. So currently we're in the process of getting my Visa status changed but this can take months, and I'm not permitted to work in the meantime.

Thankfully I've got a bit of money saved up, so I can help out for a little while, but we're really going to have to see if we can get all those payments reduced again. He said he had no choice because he was behind on a lot of bills. When I get down there I'll see what I can do I guess.

I love my boy like crazy, and don't mean to be a nagging old biddy about money already, gosh we've only been married a couple of weeks! But he's always admitted that I'm the more practical one when it comes to finances.

I just wish I was allowed to work again as well, because having 2 incomes coming in would take a huge deal of financial stress off the relationship. I know I said I was happy about not working, and I was really excited about being a housewife for a while and just looking after my boy, but I don't like arguments, especially about money. Not that we really argued. But it was obvious that we were both upset when I broke it all down and pretty much told him we couldn't manage it.

I also wish I could just kick back and enjoy life without looking at the bottom dollar all the time. I used to be pretty good at this. I'm not sure when I got so financially responsible.

At least it seems like Chris may be coming on 05/07 on leave now, so that's a blessing.

Gosh I need to stop stressing and panicking over this asap! :(

No comments: