Saturday, April 26, 2008

Don't You Want Me Baby?

This weekend must be national Amber-Is-Popular weekend or something. 5 of my friends from North Carolina including 1 ex boyfriend either text or called asking where I am, if I've moved to North Carolina yet, do I want to hang out this weekend. Missouri, No and No. A friend from Kentucky, and a friend's wife from Indiana also called asking what's happening. I really do need to catch up with my friend in Indiana and his wife sometime in the near future- I haven't seen them in about a year and a half when they were still on the East Coast.

Honestly though, isn't that always the way with people, when it rains, it pours? I can go weeks only being in contact with DH and a select couple of friends, then all of a sudden everybody seems to think of me at once. Strange.

I was thinking this evening though, one thing I like about being married, and about my husband in particular, is the fact that he seemingly takes me into consideration. He text me today saying he'd found me a 'work out buddy' (as ya'll know I'm trying to lose weight & get in shape!). Apparently one of his friends wives recently had a baby and is trying to get her pre-baby figure back. He said I'd be happy to go to the gym or go jogging with her or whatever. Definitely sounds good to me. When I do things on my own I find that I get de-motivated really quickly. Also, it'll be a good chance to get to know some other wives in Jacksonville. I have met a couple of his friends wives/fiancees, but haven't really had a chance to get to know them.

Basically everyone I know in that area of North Carolina is a Marine and male. I need to mix it up a bit. Seriously.

Anyhow today I went to Walmart and bought some carpet stain remover to try and get some crap off my carpet before I have my move-out inspection. Also some other random stuff I figured I'd need to assist with the move.

It's unbelievable, when I moved to the United States in 2006, I came with 2 suitcases and a regular sized backpack. Now I've got an entire 750 square foot apartment seemingly filled with junk. Even though I rarely seem to buy anything?

Strange. It'll probably not seem like as much once I start packing it all up again though... at least I hope it won't! *sigh* such a big job. Damn I'm too good at procrastination!

No comments: