Thursday, April 24, 2008

What Are Wives For?

So, just after 8am this morning central time, DH calls me and says he's organizing the DEERS stuff (Tricare, his extra pay, etc etc). To tell you the honest truth, I was still asleep when he called. Anyhow he needed my social security number.

"You don't know it yet?" I enquired. I was joking as this was what he said to me when we'd gone to get my dependent ID and for whatever reason the woman had asked me what his social security number was! Anyhow I gave him my SS#, told him to call if he needed anything else, rolled over and went back to sleep again.

3 minutes later my phone rings again. "Babe, is it ### -------- Court that we're moving to?" No, honey, it's ### -------- Lane. "Okay babe, thanks!"...

Haha it's astonishing, isn't it? He's the one with all of the paperwork pertaining to our rental agreement, but he still needs to call me for the correct address of the house we're moving to. Ah, bless him.

Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep a second time. Probably a good thing. When I first left my job at the Hotel, I was still waking up at 6am like clockwork, even without setting my alarm! Gradually my body has readjusted into the no reason to wake up early for work anymore! phase. Although I'd better readjust to waking up at 4:00am quick, as that's what time DH has to wake up when he has PT in the morning. I actually had this conversation with my mother recently, she said "Just because he has work doesn't mean you have to wake up at the crack of dawn as well!" And I explained that it's a respect thing, besides, I intend to fix him breakfast before he goes. My dearest Mother still doesn't quite understand my logic behind this but, I understand my logic behind this :)

In only a few more weeks, we'll be moved into our new townhome and our proper married life will be starting for good. I'm so, so excited!

For the record though, I'm still procrastinating packing! As excited as I am about starting married life, leaving Missouri is a somber prospect. The Show-Me State has showed me a lot about life and how beautiful it can be. But alas North Carolina is wonderful as well, and I'm sure that once I'm settled in I'll treasure the Tarheel State just as much.

xxxA

No comments: