Wednesday, May 21, 2008

That's The Marine Corps For Ya

Well, Chris had to go back to work 3 days early. His SSgt called the house yesterday. I'm wishing I'd never answered the phone. *sigh* So consequently last night was a mad rush to go down to the laundromat and get his uniforms cleaned (our washer & dryer is yet to be delivered) and get everything sorted for today.

He was really not in a good mood this morning. Neither am I to tell you the honest truth. There's still so much more to do, now it's going to be down to me for the next few days. Thankfully he still has the weekend off- (he should technically have been getting a 96 since it's memorial day weekend but gosh knows what's happening anymore). We're going up to Kentucky for one of his friend's weddings.

At least we got the stuff sorted out at the bank yesterday. But honestly, it's just one thing after another with us. We both have issues with our car registrations at the moment (long long long story), I need to start studying to get my drivers licence changed over to North Carolina (being an Australian, and never having gotten a US Drivers licence before- I have to retake the written and practical tests... prac is fine, written is the one I'm concerned about).

And to top it all off- everything is working out to be much more expensive in this state than either of us anticipated. I swear the Tarheel state nickel and dimes you on everything. And makes nothing easy!

We miss the midwest!!! :(

No comments: