Friday, May 2, 2008

For What It's Worth

I seriously do complain too much. I was flipping through my Road Trip USA book today- a book that has served as my favorite travel companion for the past 5 years. And it occured to me, that I've really got so much to be thankful for in my life.

Going through the pages thinking, been there, been there, oh I remember that, oh yes been there too. It dawned on me that I truly am so lucky. Yes, I worked hard to get everything in my life, but I've been truly blessed with opportunities as well.

To come from a single-parent home, with a mother who although she tried, could never make ends meet when I was growing up, and had no help from anyone else either, to eventually being in a situation where I travel the world at every given opportunity, is quite a change. And one that I don't seem to give thanks for, or appreciate often enough.

I've always been hard headed, I always used to believe that everything I'd ever got in my life, I worked for. I was the one working from the age of 14 onwards. I was the one working 17-18 hour days without weekends. I was the one putting money away to travel. But, it wasn't just me, was it. God was on my side all along. He gave me the strength and the drive to work hard. And He put the opportunities in front of me, all I had to do was reach for them and strive for them.

So, my resolution for today and this weekend is to attempt to not complain as much as I have been. And to appreciate, and be thankful for the truly wonderful life I've been able to lead these past few years.

And every morning when I wake up to a Good Morning Beautiful text message from my husband, it never fails to put a smile on my face.

Life isn't so bad afterall.

No comments: