Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sorry For The Hiatus!

Well, here I am in my house in North Carolina at last! My apologies for the Hiatus- as you can imagine I've been super busy with moving, etc. DH has been absolutely wonderful about everything. I know how much of a pain it had to have been to help me pack all of my stuff up out of my apartment (even though after we got rid of some stuff to Goodwill, my entire life barely half filled a regular size U-Haul!).


We then went to Indianapolis for a couple of days to see his family- his mother is such a sweetheart, she had bought me a new black handbag, and apparently I'm the only girl Chris has ever brought home that she actually likes. (Okay considering I'm his wife that's a good thing! If you hadn't been following previously- I didn't actually meet his folks until the night after we got married!). Anyhow I head down here Thursday night in my car because I needed to pick up the keys Friday morning, and had an appointment for the phone/cable/internet connection. I also had to organize for the electricity, trash collection and water to be switched over into our names.

DH left Indy after lunch on Friday and got down in the early hours of Saturday morning. So our first night together in the house was spent sleeping on the floor because we were both too tired to unload the Uhaul! Yesterday was mainly spent unloading the Uhaul- and the house currently looks like the Wreck of the Hespares because we kinda just dumped it all in here til we get all our stuff sorted out. Apart from our beds (we're using his from Indianapolis in the master bedroom, and mine from St. Louis as the spare bed in the spare room), and my desk and bookshelf, we don't really have any big stuff but we seem to both have a lot of boxes of little useless stuff. We'll get it sorted though. Eventually! At least we've got one of the beds set up so we could actually have a good night's rest last night!

Anyhow at the moment DH is getting his oil changed in his car. And I thought I'd get online quickly to tell ya'll what was happening! I need to get dressed here soon though, when DH gets back he is picking up a sofa & a loveseat that his friend is kindly donating to us, and I need to get down to Walmart to buy a microwave (the one I had in St. Louis came with the apartment) and some other random stuff that we need. DH & I also need to get to Sears sometime within the next few days to invest in a washer & dryer!

All in all though, things are going very very smoothly- here are a few pics of the inside of our house (and the view from the windows) before we unloaded everything from the Uhaul! I'll take some more once we have everything organized inside :)

No comments: