Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Point Of Known Return

Things are better. A lot better now since my last post. Life and reality just seemed to hit DH and me very hard the other week, and in very different ways. We dealt with the issues in our own ways though, and are now contently moving on.

Whatever angels are looking out for us right now, they're doing a good job! DH & I were worried about how we were going to pay the bills this month because we'd had so many unexpected expenses, we were about to go into more debt and concerned that there was no way we could possibly make ends meet.

For a few days, we'd had another newlywed couple staying with us while they looked for a home in the area. They were good friends of DH's and honestly were no trouble whatsoever, in fact I was enjoying having them, despite the fact that our little house was a lot more crowded!

Then yesterday, C was meant to be returning home to Kentucky but asked if she could stay on, as she'd been unsuccessful in finding a suitable house so far (there really is a shortage of decent rentals in this town, and base housing has an 8 month backlog). Of course I agreed, after all, it took me 6 weeks to get a house in JVille, 4 of those weeks I had to be away from DH because I had nowhere in town to live, so I understood their predicament. Anyhow, she has offered to make a substantial contribution to the rent and utilities, which is actually an answer to our prayers.

I asked DH and he agreed that they could definitely stay for a bit longer, and any financial contribution is a blessing. Honestly even though I'd be happy to have them free of charge, the notion that we may actually be able to pay all our bills this month after all cheers us both up exceptionally. It will give us more time to get back on our feet, after all.

You would have thought that two newlywed couples in a tiny little 2 bedroom house with barely room to swing a cat would be awkward, but it honestly isn't so bad. They're a delightful couple and very easy to live with.

Life is back on track :)

No comments: