Monday, June 9, 2008

Aussie Sausage Rolls Recipe

Well, I tweaked a couple of Aussie Sausage Rolls recipes the other night and came up with something that was a huge hit, so much so that the boys (I swear I've always got half a dozen marines at my house at any given time!) were actually talking about how 'badassed' they were the next day! Sorry I didn't take photographs of the Sausage Rolls, I will next time though!

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb pork mince (ground pork)
a few sprigs of fresh parsley
1 medium carrott- grated
1 onion- finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cayenne (red pepper)
1 tbsp butter- melted
4 sheets of puff pastry
1 egg yolk
2 tsp water

METHOD:
1) In a bowl, mix together Pork, Carrott, Onion, Parsley, Salt, Pepper, Nutmeg, Cayenne and Melted Butter until evenly combined

2) Cut each piece of pastry in half

3) Spoon out pork mixture on to pastry and create a 'sausage' shape length ways, about 1 inch wide, and about 1 inch from the side of the pastry

4) Roll pastry with mixture and push together seams. Brush with mixture of egg yolk & water.

5) Cut each roll into quarters (4 sausage rolls per half a pastry sheet)

6) Place on lined baking tray, then in oven at 450F for 10 minutes

7) Reduce heat to 375F and bake for a further 20 minutes

8) Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve with a side of brown gravy or ketchup!

And they should end up looking something like this! I promise to include my own photos of the step by step process next time :)







No comments: